The Stipends and Benefits package is managed by the UK Graduate Medical Education Office.
Click here for specific details about the benefits package available to residents and fellows. (Page updated annually)
- First Year: 10 days
- Second Year and Above: 15 days
- Nine holidays (10 in presidential election year) and four holiday bonus days
*In accordance with University policy/or in compliance with board requirements.
- UK credit for plan and coverage level chosen
- Parking allowance
- Three per year
KY Dental/Medical Licensure
- Medical: Original cost for Residency Training (R) / Institutional Permit (IP) plus yearly renewal
- After twelve months of employment
- One times stipend coverage provided at no cost
- Optional up to five times stipend
- $ added to pay check for most specialties (based upon duty hours)
- As of July 1, 2021, Residents/Fellows are eligible for matched retirement and voluntary retirement.