The division accepts one (1) six-year Categorical Cardiothoracic Surgery Resident each year
The University of Kentucky Categorical Cardiothoracic Residency Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) and only accepts electronic applications submitted through it. Contact your medical school or Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to complete the application. All ERAS materials should be available in your medical school Dean’s office by July or August.
Include an e-mail address with your application; we will respond to questions by email.
All materials must be submitted electronically. Applications are not considered until they are complete.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: October 21, 2020
A complete application includes the following:
- Electronic Application (ERAS)
- We ask that you keep your ERAS application up-to-date at all times.
- USMLE scores (Part I and Part II)
- You are expected to pass all portions of USMLE I and II or COMPLEX or you will not be ranked by this program. We understand that your Part II score may not be available when you first apply. We do require that your Part II score be available by midnight, the night before the Rank Order List Certification Deadline. You can find this deadline date in the NRMP match calendar.
- Medical School Transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES
- Our institution sponsors the J1 Visa
- No United States experience required for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
All questions or comments may be sent by e-mail to:
VISITING THE UK COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND LEXINGTON
Due to circumstances presented by COVID-19, we plan for our interviewing process to be different this year and constantly changing. We will keep this website as up-to-date as possible with information regarding the 2020-21 interview season. As of now, we are planning for virtual interviews. However, as the situation evolves, we may have applicants visit later in the year. For now, if you are wanting to learn more about Lexington, please visit the Lexington Visitor's Bureau.