The division accepts one (1) six-year Categorical Thoracic Surgery Resident each year.
We are currently seeking Thoracic Surgery - General Thoracic Surgery track candidates.
The University of Kentucky Categorical Thoracic Residency Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) and only accepts electronic applications submitted through it. Contact your medical school or Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to complete the application. All ERAS materials should be available in your medical school Dean’s office by July or August.
Include an e-mail address with your application; we will respond to questions by email.
All materials must be submitted electronically. Applications are not considered until they are complete.
A complete application includes the following:
- Electronic Application (ERAS)
- We ask that you keep your ERAS application up-to-date at all times.
- USMLE scores (Part I and Part II)
- You are expected to pass all portions of USMLE I and II or COMPLEX or you will not be ranked by this program. We understand that your Part II score may not be available when you first apply. We do require that your Part II score be available by midnight, the night before the Rank Order List Certification Deadline. You can find this deadline date in the NRMP match calendar.
- Medical School Transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES
- Our institution sponsors the J1 Visa
- No United States experience required for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
November 3, 2021 (Virtual Interview)
All questions or comments may be sent by e-mail to:
VISITING THE UK COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND LEXINGTON
Due to circumstances presented by COVID-19, the 2021 interview will be virtual.
If you are wanting to learn more about Lexington, please visit the Lexington Visitor's Bureau.