The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Yale University School of Medicine
(The Hospital of Saint Raphael)
New Haven, CT
Lung Transplant/Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
Duke University School of Medicine
Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship
University of Kentucky
American Board of Surgery (ABS)
American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS)
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI)
General Thoracic Surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Surgical Robotics (daVinci)
1. Martin JT, Zwischenberger JB. Artificial Lung and Novel Devices for Respiratory Support. Seminars in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 2013;25(1):70-75.
2. Martin JT, Gloor B, Pietrobon R, D’Amico TA, Worni M. Treatment Modalities for T1N0 Esophageal Cancers. 2013.
3. Mahan A, Ferraris V, Saha S, Martin J. Understanding the Relationship Between Surgical Outcomes and Residency Training-Models of Surgical Education that Optimize Patient Outcomes. Journal of Surgical Research. 2013;179(2):229-230.
4. Castleberry A, Martin J, Osho A, et al. Coronary Revascularization in Lung Transplant Recipients With Concomitant Coronary Artery Disease. American Journal of Transplantation. 2013;13(11):2978-2988.
5. Campbell KE, Huang B, Guo J, Martin J. Tu1547 Esophageal and Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma in Young Patients: A Call for a Continued Aggressive Approach to Both Diagnosis and Treatment. Gastroenterology. 2013;144(5):S-1124-S-1125.
6. Berry MF, Zeyer-Brunner J, Castleberry AW, Martin J et al. Treatment Modalities for T1N0 Esophageal Cancers: A Comparative Analysis of Local Therapy Versus Surgical Resection. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2013;8(6):796-802.
7. Zanotti G, Hartwig M, Castleberry A, Martin J et al. 86 Preoperative Mild or Moderate Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) Does Not Affect Long-Term Outcomes of Lung Transplantation. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2012;31(4):S38.
8. Worni M, Martin J, Gloor B, et al. Does surgery improve outcomes for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma? An analysis using the surveillance epidemiology and end results registry from 1998 to 2008. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2012;215(5):643-651.
9. Martin JT, Worni M, Zwischenberger JB, Pietrobon R, D'Amico TA, Berry MF. Outcomes after treatment of resectable, node-negative esophageal cancer: A risk-adjusted analysis of the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results registry. Journal Of Clinical Oncology2012.
10. Martin JT, Worni M, Zwischenberger JB, et al. The Role of Radiation Therapy in Resected T2 N0 Esophageal Cancer: A Population-Based Analysis. The Annals of thoracic surgery. 2012.
11. Martin J, Hartwig M, Hashmi Z, et al. 87 Coronary Revascularization in Lung Transplant Recipients with Concomitant Coronary Artery Disease. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2012;31(4):S38.
12. Hartwig M, Hashmi Z, Albon D, Martin Jet al. 85 Lung Transplantation Is an Effective Treatment Option for Patients over the Age of 70. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2012;31(4):S37-S38.
13. Martin JT, Reda H, Dority JS, Zwischenberger JB, Hassan Z-U. Surgical resident training using real-time simulation of cardiopulmonary bypass physiology with echocardiography. Journal of surgical education. 2011;68(6):542-546.
14. Martin JT, Alkhoury F, O'Connor JA, Kyriakides TC, Bonadies JA. Normal Vital Signs Belie Occult Hypoperfusion in Geriatric Trauma Patients. The American surgeon. 2010;76(1):65-69.