The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Yale University School of Medicine
(The Hospital of Saint Raphael)
New Haven, CT
Lung Transplant/Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
Duke University School of Medicine
Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship
University of Kentucky
American Board of Surgery (ABS)
American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS)
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI)
General Thoracic Surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Surgical Robotics (daVinci)
Open Clinical Trials
1. PI, 13-LUN-95-MCC: A single-arm, Phase II study of thoracoscopic lung cancer
staging with the use of Intraoperative Ultrasound at the time of definitive
resection.Funding Support: Kentucky Lung Cancer Research Program, $150,000, 2
2. Co-I, 13-LUN-94-MCC: Preoperative Metabolomic Analysis of Primary Lung Cancer
IRB #14-0288-F6A. (Co-I with Dr Andrew Lane of UK Resource Center for Stable
3. Co-I, Veno-venous perfusion-induced systemic hyperthermia (vv-PISH) for treatment
of advanced lung cancer: Currently in preparation for a Phase I clinic trial at UK.
Google Scholar Profile:
3. Zanotti G, Hartwig MG, Castleberry AW, et al. Preoperative Mild-to-Moderate Coronary Artery Disease Does Not Affect Long-Term Outcomes of Lung Transplantation. Transplantation. 2014;97(10):1079-1085.
4. Martin JT, Mahan A, Zwischenberger JB, McGrath PC, Tzeng C-WD. Should Gastric Cardia Cancers Be Treated with Esophagectomy or Total Gastrectomy: A Comprehensive Analysis of 4,996 NSQIP/SEER Patients. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2014.
11. Castleberry A, Martin J, Osho A, et al. Coronary revascularization in lung transplant recipients with concomitant coronary artery disease. American Journal of Transplantation. 2013;13(11):2978-2988.
12. Worni M, Martin J, Gloor B, et al. Does surgery improve outcomes for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma? An analysis using the surveillance epidemiology and end results registry from 1998 to 2008. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2012;215(5):643-651.
13. Martin JT, Worni M, Zwischenberger JB, Pietrobon R, D'Amico TA, Berry MF. Outcomes after treatment of resectable, node-negative esophageal cancer: A risk-adjusted analysis of the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results registry. Paper presented at: JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY2012.
15. Martin JT, Federico JA, McKelvey AA, Kent MS, Fabian T. Prevention of delayed gastric emptying after esophagectomy: a single center's experience with botulinum toxin. The Annals of thoracic surgery. 2009;87(6):1708-1714.