The Housestaff Stipends and Benefits package is managed by the UK Graduate Medical Education Office.
Click here for specific details about the housestaff benefits package available to residents. (Page updated annually)
- First Year: Two weeks
- Second Year and Above: Three weeks
- Eight holidays and four holiday bonus days
*In accordance with University policy/or in compliance with board requirements.
- UK credit for plan and coverage level chosen
- Valid in E parking areas
- Three per year
KY Dental/Medical Licensure
- Medical: Original cost for Residency Training (R) / Institutional Permit (IP) plus yearly renewal
- After twelve months of employment
- One times stipend coverage provided at no cost
- Optional up to five times stipend
- $ added to pay check for most specialties (based upon duty hours)
- Residents are not eligible for the University’s retirement plan (matching contribution); however, you may contribute to the voluntary retirement plan.