The six-year Cardiothoracic Surgery Categorical position is for individuals who want to complete training in cardiothoracic surgery.
• 1 six-year Categorical Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency
Application Process and Requirements
• Electronic Application (ERAS)
• *USMLE scores (Part I and Part II) – first attempt
USMLE Part 1 Score 230 >
USMLE Part 2 Score 230 >
• Medical School Transcript
• Three letters of recommendation
• Curriculum Vitae
• MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
• Recent medical school graduate (e.g.; within the past five years)
• Our institution sponsors the J1 Visa
• No United States experience required for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
• ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
• Wallet sized photo
*Although USMLE transcripts may appear as optional on the ERAS application, we require that these scores be included. You will need to request official transcripts from NBME be mailed to us through ERAS.
**You are expected to pass all portions of USMLE 1 and 2 or COMLEX by applicable match deadline, or you will likely not be ranked by the program. You must pass all portions of USMLE 1 and 2 or COMLEX before starting your residency/fellowship program.
15 October 2016
Categorical Interview Dates
Saturday: (Subject to Change)
29 October 2016
3 December 2016
All materials must be submitted electronically. Applications are not considered until they are complete.
Include an e-mail address with your application; we will respond to questions by email.
Any questions or comments may be sent by e-mail to:
Melissa Banks, M.A.Ed.
Medical Education Specialist
Residency Program Coordinator
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery